8.08.2010

cat nap


,

.
Oh, to have the life of a cat. Where the only big question of the day is whether to lazily slumber on the couch or the footstool.


The only big question I am facing is whether to continue making 11 more blocks for this Cat & Mouse blanket -- or to just call it a day and finish this block for a pillow.
.





I got the pattern from this magazine:




....but it can also be found here.


My only misgiving about continuing this as a blanket is the heaviness when done.  If a project weighs more than my refrigerator when finished (and that happens a lot!) I get all frustrated and shove the thing in the back of my closet.  Soft & drapey has to be the end result -- or it will never get used.



Okay. This finished kitty is so adorable (yes, to my husband's horror -- I could easily become that Crazy Cat Lady....) and with the added mouse border that is included with this pattern...
,
....well, this might just become a blanket instead of the pillow.





21 comments:

Lia said...

Very, very nice, this cat-decoration on the white crochet-backgroundwork. Just like playing a little...

sylviesgarden said...

So great! I love it.
x

Anonymous said...

I wish I was a cat in your house ! ;-)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cute, cute, cute! I thought of you this morning - I carried the purse you made for me to church as I often do. It's grown soft and fuzzy over the time I've had it and is almost like a much loved blanket. It is a treasure to me. Thank you again. blessings, marlene

Annemarie's Haakblog said...

Oh this is sooo cute!! Love it!

glor said...

How adorable is this ... a blanket would be amazing!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I don't even care for cats, but that is the cutest Dawn!

Aisyah Helga said...

That is so cute!! I like that you used black & white yarns, so eye-popping! I think if you made 4/6/8 squares and sew them tog like a panel you could make them as a wallhanging. Just a suggestion...can't wait to see when you're finished :)

Francien said...

Absolutly adorable...what a great project...you made a wonderful first block..what ever you decide its going to look awesome!!
greetings Francien.

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh is it cute! I think it has to be a blanket......and I love the doily!
Kris

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I hope you finish it as a blanket and do the mouse border....so cool!

Killiecrankie Farm said...

at last!
My computer seemed to be objecting to your beautiful pictures - silly machine :(
this cat is great - my kids would badger me to make this for them - i can picture the pattern in so many colour ways - such neat stitches as always !
should keep an eye out for the magazine - we are usual two months behind

Meggie said...

Oh oh, the yummy things you make!! SwoonXX

Wendelou72 said...

Hi,
I have been following your blog for a while now and I really want to learn how to crochet. Can you give me any pointers as to how to get started?
Thanks
Wende
wendelou72@gmail.com

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

adorable!! i wish i had your skills!
-kellie

JuLi said...

so beatiful your work

andi said...

I love your cat! You should make a bunch of them and really freak out your husband! :)

Everlasting said...

C'est trop joli! This is sooo cute!
I love it and I will make one for my daughter who is leaving for University. She can not take our cat we her so it will be great for her. :)

Christina Broad said...

I just love your work.. so colourful..

Isabelle Kessedjian said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

the cat has come to life, the more it is crocheted.. Very Cleverly crocheted. :))